“Don’t judge” is a common phrase which we all have heard of and we too also use it as a joke or an excuse, but the truth is that judgement is perceived as toxic and you can get the worst insult by being called judgemental. I have always been a bit disappointed with myself for being unable to meet the sublime ideal of not judging and control my thought process while interacting with people or general public.
- When I see someone bold enough to argue with the teacher, I judge.
- When I see a mother shouting at her 2 year old son, I judge.
- When I see a rude man, I judge.
- When I see a person yelling at his colleagues, I judge.
- When someone cuts me off while speaking, I judge.
Not only me but these are only some out of many judgments which we humans make unintentionally or I can even say unqualified. I feel as much as people striving for non-judgemental ideal sounds appealing, it’s not something humanly possible. Ironically, I think making presumptions and assumption about something or someone is actually kind of normal unless they are toxic and can cause harm to somebody.But claiming that we are “not judging” is something absolutely absurd. We may all say that we are non-judgemental but the reality is something very different. We being humans tend to have our own opinions and make judgements when we witness different behaviors. Judgement is something which we desperately don’t want to face, but we ourselves cannot avoid judging because it’s obvious to human nature.
Open your mind to the world and the many different ways that can be found in it, before making hasty judgments of others. After all, the very same thing that you judge from where you are— may very well be something totally different in meaning on the other side of the world. The problem with making hasty judgments is that it will emphasize your ignorance at the end of the day.
Making judgements is okay, as it means reacting to people’s flaws with warmth and favor. But one should not rush to make negative assumptions and judge people today for the mistakes they made yesterday. Stop judging people by what you see,because you see what they want you to see.We cannot stop making judgements but we can minus the negative assumptions and focus on the positive one’s so that we all can have a positive environment to live. Judging the above situations in a positive way for example:-
- Maybe that student is right about something that’s why she is opposing the teacher.
- Maybe that mother is stressed due to sleepless nights or maybe she was handling all the tantrums of her son patiently for 98 times and what I saw was the 99th time when she lost her patience.
- Maybe that man is having a bad day.
- Maybe that person is under some pressure to complete a given work on time and his colleagues are not cooperating.
- Maybe he what he wants to speak is important.
When they judge you, yawn.
When they misunderstand you, smile.
When they underestimate you, laugh.
When they condemn you, ignore.
When they envy you, rejoice.
When they oppose you, prevail.
Stay Safe, Happy and Positive Everyone……
Thanks for Reading😊.
Feel free to share your ideas in the comment section,I’d love to hear from you.
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to like,comment,follow and share 😇😄.